Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Election Day in the City of Jackson, Michigan

With my brother's death Saturday, I have been in a temporary funk, unable to concentrate on the things I normally do. I had decided not to vote because of my depression, but after perusing MLive.com stories regarding the election, I changed my mind and went out to vote early this afternoon.

When I arrived at my designated voting location, I found Jackson Mayoral candidates Jason C. Smith and John Wilson outside, across the parking lot, doing their own campaigning.

I spoke with Jason briefly, who I had met previously, and with John, who I was meeting for the first time. It was good to see these gentleman out doing the legwork for their own campaigns. Both men were approachable, knowledgeable and very personable.

Life does go on, and the mayoral election is very important to the City of Jackson. I encourage everyone to get out and vote in your local elections. No matter who you favor, don't fail to exercise the power you have with that vote you're holding. Let your voice be heard where it counts most. At the ballot box.

Mayoral candidates Jason C. Smith and John Wilson.

For more information regarding each candidates views, please visit http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2013/10/three_candidates_hope_to_garne.html

No comments:

Post a Comment